Sunday, May 15, 2005

nomad

pre-text: written after self-realization that i am constantly leaving...people that i love, for short or long periods of time. esp. after i left sg for usa. guess it can apply to those who travel around...or leave their home country to find a 'second home' only to leave it again to go somewhere else...constantly on the move.

muse: me

A nomad
That is me
I come and go
And I say goodbye
It hurts to know nothing is forever anymore
That I cannot be with everyone at the same time
I don’t want to go
Leaving one place to go some other place
Only to leave again
I am not strong enough to keep on saying bye
Just when I am detached and cold
People warm up to me and touch my heart
And then it hurts me all over again
To say goodbye
It could be a “see you later”
But things will never be the same
Change, which is what this, is all about.
I can never deal with change.
I just want things to be like before.
I do not want to be a nomad.

No comments: