Sunday, May 15, 2005

burn

pre-text: i felt angry inside with someone, for claiming to care about me and doing things that made me upset. one of life's many ironies i suppose.

muse: (i think it was...) jcjw

u make me burn inside
with every single thing you say or do
a concoction of anger and jealousy and disgust
consciously or not
you add fuel to the fire within me
each raging emotion scalds me
i erupt and blow up in your face
blow things out of proportion
blow whatever we got going on
and the eerie silence follows
you and i rush to put out the fire in me
stamp it dead wash it out wrap it up
in desperate consolation and semi-sincere apologies

but in actual fact i can extinguish the fire on my own
the very burning sensation that causes pain
now stimulates tears that nourish the growth of scars

No comments: