Sunday, May 15, 2005

my needs

pre-text: written during a dark time...putting someone above yourself ALL the time can honestly drain you dry of life.

muse: sda
i am empty inside now
given you all that i have and all that i haven't got
part of me wishes there was more that i could offer
but part of me knows that you ain't worth it
it is not because i no longer love you
i love you i really do
but i have to stop now and put my needs before yours
you are used to my unconditional giving and loving
so much that you expect it from me unconsciously
and this is not what i want
i am only human and i am selfish
i want to feel the way i make you feel
that you can count me to be around, to be dependent on me
to know the love i have for you is constant and true
i want to feel that way
but you aren't doing it for me, not anymore
so i got to go
i rather be alone and open to happiness
than shut in a world of weakness with you

No comments: