Thursday, May 12, 2005

layered

pre-text: written when i was getting to know someone, and falling in love with him. in not so favourable conditions


muse: sda

every time I think I got you all figured out
you spin another layer around yourself
and I am back at square one
wondering if this is going to be a lose-lose situation
why should I bother if I will never ever win
i understand that you are you, your own person
that is what I love about you
all those issues that you hide, all those feelings that I dig up from you
can I just accept you for what you have to offer me
at the expense of my ultimate happiness
sometimes I think I can, then I think deeper and darker
and push all your buttons and force you out of your limits and over the edge
i shoot myself in the foot and then bitch about getting nowhere
maybe if i should give it some time, but time is a luxury that we both cannot afford
i think i should let you unravel yourself to me when you deem fit
and all i can do now is embrace you for your true self and your layers.

No comments: