Thursday, March 31, 2005

do not bother

pre-text: written out of frustration when someone tries to suck up to you when you have already got used to/given up/ got fed up expecting things/feelings from people. you just reach this point where you wanna tell them ' please don't bother now. it makes me sick and disgusted to see how pathetic you look trying to do anything. too late buddy!'

muse: sda and others in the past for sure

do not bother to make me happy anymore
don't buy flowers,
or don't make surprise middle-of-the-day i-am-thinking-of-you phone calls
don't send love letters or postcards
or buy or even make gifts

no need to prove to me that you care about me and how i feel
(or maybe now you come to realise that i do mean something more to you than you thought i did)
it is not too little too late, it is over

the times when you said i was too sensitive, too demanding
too this too that
fuck you and all your bullshit
take that load of crap with you and get the fuck out of my life
you dwindle me down so small so you can get your way
no way am i going to deal with your hidden insecurities and fears anymore
your happiness at my expense is too much of a self-sacrifice for me

i do not expect anything ever from you
try to surprise me, i challenge you
just don't make me vomit in my mouth when i see you fail what something you try at
let this be a lesson to you:
never take me for granted

No comments: