Saturday, April 02, 2005

i exist

pre-text: i was sitting at baird point in ub on a sunny wednesday afternoon. it was so beautiful out...i was with thousands of students and i was alone all at the same time.

muse: the weather?

i sit and squint
smile to myself and go 'hmmmmmmm.............'
the sun caresses my face like a long lost lover
the wind and warmth against my skin, i turn toward the sun
just like a girl who longs to be touched
in a distance i hear rubber tires spinning over hard tar
reminding me of modern technology bringing us to places we want to go, in life
around me and overheard, birds are chirping, squabbling
in a language i know not of
somehow they remind me
to rejoice in simple existence
to enjoy living, to enjoy this moment in time
no need for waned company
no need for cameras to capture moments or memories
this feeling within can only be experienced, lived and cherished
a million postcard-perfect shots of this sky, the lake can never
recreate the wind against my skin, the sunshine on my face
i do not need anyone, or any deep philosophical thoughts
just knowing i exist, that i am me in this vast world
makes me content.

No comments: