Friday, February 18, 2005

me

pre-text: written in my junior college years...my lit teacher mr dennis yeo told us to rewrite jewel's 'me' poem...and this is what i came up with. talks about how i felt then...and i guess i still feel like very much like that.

muse: self (i suppose)


I have hair
Very fine indeed
That I got from my mother
I have my father’s smile
And when I smile, I show my teeth
I have brown eyes, I was told
And often a runny nose
I like the smell of paint
My past loves brought me pain
I’ve wanted to marry a pilot
I’ve always lied to my parents
But my hair is still fine
And my nose continues to run
And I’ll probably lie to my parents
And never marry a pilot

I have thoughts
That I don’t
I read magazines from the back
Often than not, I don’t give a fuck
I have big knuckles
I laugh too
With a cuckle
I wanted to diet
And never got to it
I cry at night
I don’t know why
But I still have big knuckles
And try to diet
And still cry
All alone at night

No comments: