Sunday, November 26, 2017

two minutes

pre-text: one of those rare ones you meet for the first time and yet in a split second, something within your soul leaps in excitement, maybe even recognition.

muse: cv

when i was searching for you and you found me
you leapt up to come greet me
i never realized someone could be so happy to see me
you trusted my food and drink choices
and indulged my crazy ficklemindedness
ending up in one bar after changing my mind 3 times in less than 15 minutes
entertaining my hotdog straw idea
for that mustard whiskey drink
and sharing my bowl of Angel Share
i told you i could drink on par with you
you are a good cuddly snuggler
and you did not snore!
thank you for being accomodating with my inability to tolerate 16C
and warming me up with your hugs
i am sorry the room was stuffy with no daylight or windows
i hope it wasn't too claustrophobic
being in there with me
it was easy being with you
so many times it was like you read my mind
i'll miss that left eye wink of yours
like i said, God is fair
your one good eye sees the things both my eyes always seem to miss
i loved rubbing your unshaven chin
and stroking that dog-like matted hair of yours
but mostly the way you chuckled when you laughed
don't be anxious about your anxieties
you can Lifeproof your gadgets but not your life
just do your best as a Vest
And if i don't see you in another part of this world
i wish you a (very) happy ending
in Life
Oh, and one more thing
take two minutes once in a while
to think of me
i hope that will make you smile

No comments: