Thursday, December 27, 2012

sinterklaas

pre-text: wrote this for someone who celebrated Sinterklaas...tried to write it in the form of AABB with a couple of Dutch words sprinkled in. 

muse: MB

Sinterklaas is happy that you made it back home in time
I suppose I am the only one who thinks it is a crime
Since you did not give me your address to send you a cadeau
This gedicht will just have to do

On the road for months and months
All that freedom, all that fun
Did you find all that you were looking for
All the world has to offer, and still there is more

Hopefully all the people you met along the way
Learned you something that would always stay
Memories need not always be captured in pictures
But stored in the heart and mind, there they are permanent fixtures

I do not need to look at the photos we took
To remember how your beautiful your soul looks
From the first time your blue eyes looked over at me from across the boat
Feelings I have drowned deep inside came afloat

We do not need words, for looking into each other’s eyes is enough
You made me smile from within and when I cried you still managed to make me laugh
I felt your passion for life and love in every moment we touched
Kissing you, hugging you and sporting with you…I miss it all so much

But at las, reality with its responsibilities slapped us both in the face
Holland or Singapore, we are running the same rat race
Distance is just another hurdle, a big raised hump
Question is: will you jump if I jump?

So what is the plan, what now… after the 41-year plan
I guess the only way is to leave it in God’s hands
For now, we shall strive to be just friends
But who is to know, we may have our 4 kids in the end

No worries, ik still hou van jou
Even though you are a “poor farmer” that milks cows
I only hope this gedicht makes it in time for pakjes avond
And makes you have a warm feeling inside your heart and all around




No comments: