Thursday, July 26, 2012

time

pre-text: this concept of time being this entity that is monitoring our lives...and how we struggle with what to do with it and how to use it.

muse: too much time on my hands 

time has grown old
waiting for me to figure out
who i am, what i want,
what i am, who i want

time has grown weary
watching me learn lessons
that i ought to know
things I should have gotten by now

time has grown tired
hearing me say i am here in the here and now
that i will not rendezvous with all that is lost and gone
or daydream about what may or may not be

time has grown cynical
listening to me rationalize my thoughts
and fine-combing my feelings
keeping them in check and under control

time has grown up
outgrown my lies and facades
but now finally i understand
time is growth

just never the way we know.

No comments: