Thursday, July 26, 2012

for my new lover, Under Water

pre-text: Learning to scuba dive may be my first adult-child experience. I felt like a baby opening her eyes for the first time, seeing the world. Everything amazed and fascinated me.

muse: my virgin dive

I am furious at myself
For denying myself to you
It is long overdue
And now you draw me in
With those mesmerizing blues
Fused in with aqua greens
The waves beckon me into your arms
Wide as the eye can see
You make me feel like a child
Reborn into a world of free floating freedom
Everything I see is new, brand new
I marvel at the colors
Wavering from different angles
It is quiet but I hear the soft rhythm of life
Of creatures big and small
Some naked to my eyes
I breathe hard when I let myself go into you
And then you calm me down with your cool touch
I breathe easier I hear myself
Slowly I let you take over and I breathe easy
Every experience we have is different each time
You show me familiar things
And then something new and exotic
Things beyond my imagination
I feel the bursting excitement erupt within me
Like a child, I squeal inside
You are proof to me God exists
For only someone like Him can create something like You
With such variety, diversity and beauty
And to paint you such blues
I ache to be with you again
This time I will not wait too long
There is no holding back
The butterflies in my tummy get restless from my longing
I thank God for our union
I only wish he made me a mermaid
For I would rather be swimming with the fishes
Than be walking amongst men
Please take care of yourself while I am gone
I promise to return to you soon
Where the sea meets the sky
And the blues become one
That is where I will be

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantastic lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. custom website development services