Thursday, September 15, 2005

he came

pre-text: seems like the last few poems are all about death. death literally and death metaphorically. death, dying...constantly happening around us. or me that for matter. i am almost numb from the pain, or loss. or maybe i am in denial...i don't know. detached might just be the word.

muse: bambi my baby

He came to you
Without invitation without warning
Did you want to go with him?
Were you forced? Or simply too tired to fight him?

The world is so very small but I am so far away from you
To touch you one last time
To whisper quietly all the things I have yet to say
To let my useless tears fall upon you

You left without saying goodbye
To me
You left without letting me say goodbye
To you

Am I angry? Yes
Am I regretting? Yes
Am I confused? Yes
And most of all, I am helpless.

He came
To relieve you of your pain
And to remind me to live my life
Before he comes for me.

No comments: